Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?
JAKOnappies and more was born when I had my second child and wanted to give Modern Cloth Nappies (MCN's) a go. I was inhibited by the set up costs, and the few I bought didn't fit right, leaked or were difficult to do up. So what does a DIY NZ Mum do? She learns to make her own!
The name JAKOnappies and more come from my two gorgeous son's names - Jakeb and Kodi - my two unofficial product testers!
We have very recently added another product tester to our family - our beautiful daughter Nikola in August 2010.
JAKOnappies and More has grown from these very simple beginnings to now having a large range of many different products from MCNs to clothing to toys and MORE!!
We take pride in stocking many other products, normally all made/sourced from a NZsupplier or manufacturers. (We will state on items not handmade, or sourced from somewhere other than NZ). We particularily support WAHP (work-at-home-parents) and their products.
Prue is also now Childbirth Educator, and runs Empower Birth Classes in Nelson, NZ. Check out our Empower Birth Classes for details.
Ecomoon Needs You!
Nelsons original eco-friendly baby store has been nominated in the Nelson Top Shop Awards
10 reasons why you should Vote for Ecomoon -
1. Nelson owned and operated, we are Nelson's original eco-friendly family store supporting the community and local economy!
2. We back our products because we not only sell the products, we use them!
3. We provide exceptional customer service, sound advice and we specialise in eco-friendly products.
4. We have a Qualified Childbirth Educator providing Empower Birth Antenatal Classes & Coming soon - Baby & Infant Massage!
5. We work together with community specialists on Baby Wearing, Breastfeeding Support and Twinkling Stars under 5 music classes!
6. We are the proud owners of Aquabub Birthing Pools!
7. We have dedicated a community space for our local parents to feed and change baby or just have a cuppa!
8. We proudly support local NZ crafters who produce beautiful handmade products and put that money back into our NZ communities!
9. We organise and run the Annual Nelson Parent & Child Expo held in locally in October each year!
10. We support local organisations with donations for fundraising events!
And on top of all this, everything we have in store can be found on our website and ordered online.
You can vote using this web address:
If you were following our handcrafted dresses - please now visit us at Dear Prudence "A Modern Version of a Vintage Idea" www.dearprudence.co.nz Also find us on facebook www.facebook.com/dearprudenceNZ
If you would like to know more about the "face" behind JAKOnappies and More please visit our new blog! http://jakonappiesandmore.blogspot.com/ or follow the link below for our facebook page.
Sign up for our newsletter and be in the first to know about sales, specials, new items and "newsletter" only discounts.
****JAKOnappies and More have our items in a new retail store in Nelson! EcoMoon - for Eco Mum's and Babies. The store situated at 120 Bridge Street, Nelson 03 546 6360. Look forward to seeing all of our local customers there!****
Are you local to Nelson? Use Code: PICKUP to not be charged the flat delivery rate. (This is not available for our IHAKARA organic knits, as these are shipped straight from the supplier.)
****We often have clearance items on Trademe - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=2482712 ***
Browse the site at your leisure. Any questions just contact us!
If there is something in particular you would like to see us stock please drop us a line! Also if you see we have something but not in the colour/size you would like please contact us - I am always happy to make custom orders for products!
Follow us on twitter www.twitter.com/JAKOnappies
::We are now pleased to be able to offer Layby arrangements for our products. Orders must be over $50 (can be made up of several items) 20% deposit payable and must be paid off within 10 weeks. Please just make a note in the comments box of your order saying you would like to layby this order. We are unable to accept paypal payments for laybys. We are unable to offer refunds on layby arrangements but will send you products to the value of payments made.::
New Products For September
Red Star Leggings 12-18m
Mr Bonez T-Shirt - 2T